* Broccoli's significant nutrients include Vitamin C, Vitamin A (mostly as beta-carotene), Calcium, Copper, Iron, Selenium, Potassium, Folic Acid, and fiber.
* Broccoli is an important calcium source for those who don't consume dairy products. Calcium does more than build strong bones. Research shows that this mineral may play a role in the control of High Blood Pressure, and it may work to prevent Colon Cancer.
* Broccoli is not only a rich source of fiber, but half of its fiber is insoluble and half is soluble, helping to meet your needs for both types of fiber. Fiber helps you to remove the heavy metals and toxins from your intestines. Also it prevents the constipation
* Broccoli provides a health bonus in the form of protective substances that may shield you from disease. Botanically, broccoli belongs to the Cabbage Family, collectively known as cruciferous vegetables.
* Broccoli is a spectacular and unique package of versatile disease fighters and abundant in numerous strong, well-known phyto chemicals and antioxidants, including indoles, isothiocyanates, quercetin, glutathione, beta carotene, vitamin C, folate, lutein, glucarate, and glutathione.
* Broccoli is extremely strong in anticancer activity, particularly against lung, colon, prostates and breast cancers. Like other cruciferous vegetables, it speeds up the removal of estrogen from the body, helping suppress breast cancer.
* Broccoli is rich in cholesterol-reducing fiber and has antiviral and antiulcer activity. It is a super source of chromium that helps regulate insulin and blood sugar.
* Broccoli is also a good source of calcium, thus help fight osteoporosis. However, broccoli is one of the leading intestinal gas producers.
* Broccoli adjusts the balance of the hormone levels in our body, with the help of indole and indole derivatives (botanical hormones).
* Heavy cooking and processing destroy some of the anti oxidants and phyto chemicals such as Indoles and glutathione. Eat raw or lightly cooked as in microwave and stir-fry. To reduce its gas production, eat broccoli with ginger or garlic.
* Nowadays the world wide researches are mostly done about; white cabbage, radish, tomato, broccoli and carrot.
* Broccoli is a very strong antioxidant, which helps to neutralize the free radicals which damage the cell membranes and cell DNAs. Beta-carotene and vitamin C are important antioxidants which help to reduce the risk of numerous conditions, including Heart Diseases, Cataract, and several cancers.